Sunday, November 20, 2011

Chutes and... Stairs... Lots of Stairs



I'm so behind on posting! So let me fill you in on what's been happening around here. I finally got a job! I've been at it for about two weeks and I'm happy to say I'm starting to get the hang of things and getting back into the swing of sleeping regular hours. See look I got my work clothes on!


 So recently we headed up into the mountains again and found Japan's longest roller slide. There are a lot of roller slides here at the playgrounds and a few longer ones around. 


Here are some pictures of the fall foliage around lake Okutama. 



Look a Japanese Persimmon! What the heck is a persimmon?!


While we were driving up we kept passing and being passed by huge numbers of bikers. They all drove these crazy modified dirt bikes with amplifiers on the exhaust! See it on the picture? It was Sooooooo loud with 50 of them passing at once.  



We did eventually make it to the slide! We had pads to sit on and gloves to hold on to the railing to slow us down. It was totally awesome and well worth the trip. The person in front got the rollers going so everyone behind them rolled down much faster and we all ended up running into each other over and over. We were laughing the whole time. I lost my mat at one point after being pushed a bunch of times and rolled off the end of the slide onto my rump to a bunch of people laughing. We all had a great time. And yes it was a staircase to the top of the mountain. Which we walked up 5 times. Fun at exercise, score!





1 comment:

  1. It was so much fun!! Awesome post babe! I love you!!

    ReplyDelete