Sunday, October 23, 2011

Nikko Part 3


Our last day in Nikko was also their fall festival. Before it started we went to see the Kanmangafuchi Abyss and the line of stone Jizo statues. I learned what Jizo statues are by googling them. If you're interested you can read what I read, here. This first photo is of us at the "abyss." If you didn't notice the other day we tried to recreate one of our favorite pictures from our wedding. I can't decide which one I like best. I love the color in this one but I look more excited in the other. My eyes are not as wide and my bangs look kinda funny in this one I think... I'd love your opinion on which is better, leave me a comment if you want to cast a vote!



The festival ended up being more of a parade. The costumes were pretty but the entire festival was not terribly exciting. Maybe if we knew more about it, it would've been more interesting. Maybe. There were more people at the archery contest. After the festival/parade we walked by the Shinkyo bridge, the most famous bridge in Nikko, supposedly marking the place that Nikko's founder first crossed the river on two snakes that twined themselves together for him.


The last place we stopped was the Urami waterfall. It's actually more like waterfalls. Its barely outside of Nikko and our favorite of all the waterfalls we saw. It was gorgeous.  



No comments:

Post a Comment