Friday, January 14, 2011

Hey Mickey!

Last weekend Andy and I went to Disneyland with some friends. Every one was very excited, see:






Tokyo Disney land is very similar to the Disneyland in California (I've never been to Florida's and Andy has only been to Epcot...). The biggest difference is that some of the Characters speak Japanese. Some of them speak English too. It was interesting in the Tiki Room... we didn't know what the hec was going on. ha! I think the other difference is the excitement level. Though there was a sea of Mickey ears everywhere, we were THE ONLY ONES chanting "Dead men tell no tales" and singing "yo-ho yo-ho a pirates life for me" at Pirates of the Caribbean. And as you can tell from the photo below, we were the only ones with our hands up going "WOOOOoooOOoooooo!!!" on Big thunder mountain. But you know what? We probably had a better time than everyone else with their arms down not singing.



The major disappointment we had to deal with was that the haunted mansion was closed. Pirates and the Haunted mansion are right up there for me as best ride and I really wanted to take Andy. Guess we'll have to go back. Oh darn. 


Hopefully we'll go back when it is a bit warmer. (Though dead of summer will sap some serious energy too...) Andy's cute new sparkly Pooh hat was our only souvenir purchase and definitely needed. I had never had to wear long underwear to Disney before. I probably have never worn shoes other than flip flops before. January means slightly shorter lines and winter hats. And instead of ice cream everywhere there were six different flavors of popcorn!! 


And we stood in line for every one:




After Andy's first electric light parade my prince took me home (Although we were in a car not on a white horse) and we lived happily ever after.

No comments:

Post a Comment